Position Announcement: Communications Consultant
Wild Earth Allies was founded in the United States in 1981, and rebranded under our current name in 2016. Our mission is to protect vital areas of our natural world for the benefit of wildlife, habitats, and people by inspiring collaborative action. Our vision is a world where wildlife flourishes in healthy ecosystems that sustain us all. Our organization is built on important values – optimism, cultural respect, shared learning, and integrity. We have earned top nonprofit rankings from Charity Navigator for many years, and the Platinum Seal of Transparency by Guidestar.
The Communications Consultant is a contract position focusing on priority communications activities in support of a lean staff team. This is an exciting time of growth for the Wild Earth Allies brand with compelling new visual assets to work with, as we build on our decades-long track record to deepen and expand our conservation programming and partnerships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing strategies and action steps for audience growth across social media platforms.
- Drafting social media posts across four platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Managing quarterly MailChimp campaigns: drafting, design, formatting and scheduling.
- Drafting blog posts featuring program news and activity.
- Creating and updating print material designs: program two-pagers, invitations, postcards, prints and other Development material.
- Editing images for social media and website, ensuring proper image credits and preserving image integrity.
- Publishing blog posts and new pages, including editing menu items and site navigation where needed.
- Managing and organizing media library.
- Monitoring Google Analytics and tracking basic metrics.
- Running software and plugin updates as needed.
- Making text and image updates to all pages using Divi editor.
Short Film Distribution
- Tracking festival submissions using FilmFreeway.
- Collaborating with development team members to coordinate private/donor salons and screenings.
- Serving as point of contact with film festivals and partners for all screening needs.
- Conducting outreach and promotion for screenings to relevant audiences.
- Developing new ideas for leveraging film to support programs and development including but not limited to: partner screenings, education outreach, and online streaming/distribution opportunities.
- Serving as point of contact with film director.
- Managing social media and communications workflow, e.g., maintaining an editorial calendar.
- Contributing to strategy development for annual and other communications workplans.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with and ability to do basic editing in Canva, Photoshop and Indesign.
- Experience and skill managing WordPress content management system required.
Commitment: 20-25 hours/week
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and résumé electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2019.
We value diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity.