Wild Earth Allies’ mission is to protect vital areas of our natural world for the benefit of wildlife, habitats and people by inspiring collaborative action. Our portfolio includes community-based conservation programs in priority terrestrial and marine ecosystems globally. We are currently expanding our teams and partnerships to address increasing pressures on biodiversity around the world.
The Grants Manager is responsible for administering all stages of the grant cycle, from research, planning and design through to programmatic and financial reporting. Wild Earth Allies (WEA) receives support from a wide range of donors, across all revenue segments. This position works closely across program, finance and development functions to ensure highest quality implementation and compliance with donor policies and grant guidelines.
Wild Earth Allies is in an exciting period of growth to increase our conservation impact. This position will offer key support for strengthened implementation of our three-year strategy, which includes expansion of field-level conservation and partnerships and a projected doubling of annual revenue. The Grants Manager reports to the Philanthropy Director.
- Research and track grant opportunities in support of annual budgets and multi-year revenue growth targets for WEA and its priority programs.
- Monitor WEA funding pipeline, assess and develop plans with the Philanthropy Director to meet budget targets.
- Design budgets for restricted grants in collaboration with the Controller and program teams; support the planning and preparation of grant proposals; provide guidance and assistance in the interpretation of funding regulations and requirements.
- Manage the grant inception process in coordination with finance and programs teams, including the preparation and execution of grant and partner agreements and/or amendments.
- Administer systems for grant management to ensure alignment with donor requirements (budgets, policies, procedures); adaptively manage and secure approval for grant or budget amendments during the grant period; conduct due diligence as needed.
- Manage a calendar for deliverables throughout the grant cycle using Salesforce; maintain donor database and grant records, including filing of proposals, reports, and donor communications.
- Prepare grant invoices and wire transfers, monitor expenditures and field financial reports against restricted budgets with the Controller.
- Ensure timely completion of grant reporting requirements, securing necessary inputs in collaboration with finance and program teams.
- Collaborate across WEA centrally and with field teams and partners to ensure highest standards for transparent, efficient grant management and strong donor relationships.
Duties and team responsibilities may be altered, reasonably added to or delegated from time to time to reflect changes within the organization’s activities and structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or work experience in grants management.
- Strong budget design and financial management skills.
- Familiarity with grants accounting and donor financial reporting.
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred; other strong computer skills including Excel, databases, and cloud-based management systems.
- Ability to read, understand and negotiate grant/contract clauses.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks and projects with autonomy.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and cross-cultural skills.
- Interest in global biodiversity conservation.
- Interest in, and availability for, domestic and international travel.
- Position: Full-time, Exempt.
- Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland office; hybrid remote during the pandemic.
- Compensation: Excellent benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Salary range: $60K – $75K
- Travel/schedule: Domestic and/or international travel, as needed. This position may require working outside of normal business hours to engage across time zones with staff and partners globally.
- To Apply: Send resume and cover letter by June 30th to: email@example.com – no phone calls please.
Posted Date: May 27, 2022
Our organization is built on important values – optimism, cultural respect, shared learning, and integrity. We value diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity.