Wild Earth Allies is experiencing an exciting period of growth and is recruiting a Philanthropy Associate to join our lean team. Our mission is to protect vital areas of our natural world for the benefit of wildlife, habitats, and people by inspiring collaborative action. Our organization is built on important values – optimism, cultural respect, shared learning, and integrity. We have earned top nonprofit rankings from Charity Navigator for many years, and the Platinum Seal of Transparency by GuideStar.
At Wild Earth Allies, we recognize protecting wildlife and habitats begins with people who combine passion, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, and extensive experience in the field. We are proud these traits define our team. We value diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity.
The Philanthropy Associate will help grow and diversify funding across all revenue streams in support of Wild Earth Allies’ conservation efforts. We are also embarking on a capital campaign to increase our conservation capacity and the Philanthropy Associate will be an integral part of this effort.
Research and Data Management
- Research individual donor prospects and grant opportunities.
- Manage cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation data.
- Analyze donor data, track financial projections, and run revenue reports.
- Process donations and prepare gift acknowledgment letters.
- Draft written materials for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Assist in preparing for Board and Committee meetings.
- Support coordination and execution of fundraising campaigns and mailings.
- Coordinate travel and meetings with donors and prospects.
- Assist in the planning and execution of donor events.
- Manage invitation lists, RSVPs, and coordinate event materials.
- Work with vendors, caterers, and suppliers.
This is a dynamic period of growth and change for Wild Earth Allies, and responsibilities and opportunities for this position will evolve.
- Demonstrated experience in philanthropy is essential.
- Experience with CRM systems – Salesforce preferred.
- Exposure to fundraising campaigns a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a collaborative team member
- High integrity and professionalism working across cultures.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; handle confidential data with discretion.
- Knowledge of internet fundraising and planning special events a plus.
- Availability for periodic travel.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 16, 2021.