Wild Earth Allies’ mission is to protect vital areas of our natural world for the benefit of wildlife, habitats and people by inspiring collaborative action. Our portfolio includes community-based conservation programs in priority terrestrial and marine ecosystems globally. We are currently expanding our teams and partnerships to address increasing pressures on biodiversity around the world.
This is an exciting new position for Wild Earth Allies, as it marks the creation of an operations practice area that will ensure efficiency as our organization grows. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working closely with the Management Team, the Operation Manager will facilitate board governance, support team members to work well together, and develop the tools, standards and cadences to better serve our field teams and partners. This is an opportunity to exemplify excellence in deliverables, meetings and communication in alignment with the organization’s values. The person in this role will be successful if the team is focused on their core responsibilities and operational tasks are easier for the team to accomplish.
Board Governance (15%)
- Design and execute high-quality board meetings in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Proactively ensure compliance with bylaws, support board, and committee performance, and manage additional meetings for board members.
- Schedule board meetings and prepare board packages in coordination with teams and partners. Capture meeting notes and ensure follow-through on action items.
Team Workflows, Systems, & Collaboration (65%)
- Organize and run weekly meetings for management, operations, and cross-program collaboration. Maintain the team calendar and office environment.
- Create and manage workflows, develop communication and meeting cadences, and optimize tech stack (including tools like Salesforce, Asana, and Dropbox).
- Curate and share data, information, and insights to ensure operational efficiency and inform strategy, planning, and learning conversations.
- Plan and manage logistics for team travel to partners and donors, both domestically and internationally. Coordinate with team members on donor visits to partner sites.
Policies & Procedures (20%)
- Proactively manage regulatory compliance both domestically and internationally.
- Actively track, review, and ensure partnership agreements are current and compliant, in consultation with partnership leads and legal counsel as necessary.
- Research, evaluate, and hire/renew vendors to build operational capabilities, and manage these relationships. These include HR agencies, building management, IT/Salesforce consultants.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in building operations at small to midsize international non-profits, mission-driven start-ups, or other lean organizational environments.
- Proven track record of working closely with executives and/or board members to steward them toward high performance and impact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly in working with executives.
- Demonstrates discretion and savvy in communicating with high-net-worth individuals.
- Expertise in creating workflows and managing projects to deliver on strategic goals.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, use tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, and work well cross-culturally with diverse groups of people.
- Experience working with specialists to improve CRM and other tech tools – Salesforce preferred.
- Availability for periodic travel, both domestic and international.
- Position: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: Chevy Chase, MD office (accessible by public transit); hybrid remote optional.
- Compensation: Excellent benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience; range $70–$80K.
- This position may require working outside of normal business hours to engage across time zones with staff and partners globally.
Send resume and cover letter by February 10th to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Our organization is built on important values – optimism, cultural respect, shared learning, and integrity. We value diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity.
Posted Date: January 23, 2023