Position Announcement: Philanthropy Manager
Wild Earth Allies was founded in the United States in 1981, and rebranded under our current name in 2016. Our mission is to protect vital areas of our natural world for the benefit of wildlife, habitats, and people by inspiring collaborative action. Our vision is a world where wildlife flourishes in healthy ecosystems that sustain us all. Our organization is built on important values – optimism, cultural respect, shared learning, and integrity. We have earned top nonprofit rankings from Charity Navigator for many years, and the Platinum Seal of Transparency by Guidestar.
A new opportunity to join our team
At Wild Earth Allies, we recognize protecting wildlife and habitats begins with people who combine passion, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, and extensive experience in the field. We are proud these traits define our team.
This is an exciting time of organizational growth, as we build on our decades-long track record to deepen and expand our conservation programming and partnerships. This is a new position and will involve collaborative work across our team to grow philanthropic engagement with our organization.
This will require a seasoned professional with demonstrated:
- Philanthropic networks;
- Passion for raising funds for conservation, and for high-quality relationship management;
- Track record designing, delivering, and monitoring plans to achieve revenue targets >$3 million;
- Ability to creatively resource agreed priorities, capacity to mobilize unrestricted as well as program funding;
- Background working in international development and/or conservation;
- Experience managing within and across small teams;
- Experience working with non-profit Board of Directors and with Development Committees;
- Interest in, and availability for, domestic and international travel;
- Strength in writing and proficiency in Microsoft Office essential; familiarity with Salesforce/CRM systems preferred.
This is an exciting new position for a professional with a demonstrated development track record who enjoys working environments with little bureaucracy, and the potential to make a big difference for biodiversity globally. S/he will work as part of an entrepreneurial, close-knit team geared towards efficiency and service delivery to a well-curated portfolio of conservation teams and partners around the world.
We are eager to recruit the right individual to our small dedicated team to harness the potential that currently exists, and take our work – with an emphasis on individual and foundation giving – to the next level on behalf of global biodiversity. This position will be based in our Chevy Chase, MD, office and will report to the Executive Director. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and résumé electronically to email@example.com by June 15, 2018.
We value diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity.