Last Updated: January 15, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us. When you use the Site, we may collect information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address. You may also be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you contact us via the Site or subscribe to any of our newsletters or mailing lists.
Information Collected Offline. In addition to the Personal Information we collect through the Site, we may also obtain information from pledge cards, letters, surveys, applications, and other offline sources. This information may include information about your present and past donation or transaction history, which we may collect from public documents and reports, and from any other interactions you may have had with WEA.
Information We Collect Automatically. Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, we may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how you access or use the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include your browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. However, this information does not identify you as the individual user. We do not treat Usage Information as Personal Information unless it is combined with other data that, once linked, can be used to identify you. Usage Information helps us understand which parts of the Site are the most popular, where our online visitors are going, and what content or services users may find useful.
Cookies and Do Not Track. We may collect information about you or your use of the Site through cookies, tracking pixels or other technologies. We use this information to better understand, customize and improve the Site, services and offerings. The information we collect through cookies or tracking pixels may help us understand how visitors use and engage with the Site. If you have provided us with your Personal Information, for example, when you registered on the Site or requested information from us, we may associate this Personal Information with information we have collected through cookies, tracking pixels or other technologies.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use the Site.
The Site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
Do Not Track. Currently, the Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from your browser.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Any information you submit through the Site may be used for a variety of purposes, including, for example, to:
- respond to your questions and requests;
- give you access to various Site features;
- verify your identity;
- improve the Site;
- provide you with information about the Site or required notices;
- deliver communications, promotional materials, or other information that may be of interest to you;
- customize your experience when using the Site, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Site and providing you with content based on your interests;
- generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Site; and
- detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Site or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information to others. However, we may disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- to business partners or other third parties who may engage in research or deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- as required by applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Site, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site;
- to affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets; and
- when we are not otherwise prohibited by applicable law from doing so without your express consent.
In addition, we may share aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
We will use our best efforts to hold strictly confidential all financial information concerning our supporters, and we will guard supporters’ names, addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts of provisions or gifts, etc., unless a supporter grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition, or publicity.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND ACCESS
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties or not to send you newsletters, updates, emails or other communications by:
- sending us an email at Info@wildearthallies.org; or
- following the removal or unsubscribe instructions in the communication that you receive.
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your Personal Information collected through the Site, you may contact us at the email address included above.
All records of donations are maintained according to the applicable standards of record retention in effect at the time of the donation. In accordance with our routine record keeping, however, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information that you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups or other technology-related reasons.
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at Info@wildearthallies.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to other sites or services, maintained by third parties. Certain products or services available on our Website are provided to you in partnership with third parties and may require you to disclose personal information in order to register for and access such products or services. These links are provided only as a convenience to you. We have no control over, and are not responsible for any content or services offered by or found on third party sites, or their privacy policies. Links to third party sites do not constitute an assumption of liability for or our sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these sites or the content contained on these sites.
ACCESSING OUR SITE GLOBALLY – TRANSFER OF DATA
The Site is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of the United States. We make no representation that the Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Site is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Wild Earth Allies, Inc.
2 Wisconsin Circle, Suite 900
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815