The information this Policy refers to includes:
- personally identifying information obtained from our supporters through our website, pledge cards, letters, surveys, applications, and any other forms, in writing, in person, by telephone, or electronically, including without limitation information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, employer, birth date, credit card numbers, family members, interests; and
- individual information that may also be collected by WEA about our supporters’ present and past donation or transaction history, from public documents and reports, and from any other interactions an individual may have had with WEA.
How We Handle Supporter Information
- WEA will adhere to the following principles with regard to how we obtain, use, protect, and share information about our supporters:
- We will use our best efforts to hold strictly confidential all financial information concerning our supporters, and we will guard supporters’ names, addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts of provisions or gifts, etc., unless a supporter grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition, or publicity.
- We will use our supporters’ personally identifying information to keep them informed of program activities, special events, and funding needs. If at any time a supporter chooses not to receive these communications, he or she may contact WEA at the address below to be removed from our mailing list.
- We will not rent, sell, give away, or trade our supporter information, nor will we send supporters mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- Without a supporter’s consent, we will not provide that supporter information to organizations or individuals outside of WEA.
How We Ensure Supporter Privacy
- Supporter information is maintained in a secure database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes.
- We educate our employees about the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential supporter information and require them to abide by this Policy.
- All records of donations are maintained according to the applicable standards of record retention in effect at the time of the donation. All records are maintained in secure locations. We use online payment processing services with world-class security and strong reputations.
- We may be legally required to disclose information on occasion. In those situations, we will comply with all applicable legal requirements and standards.
Wild Earth Allies, Inc.
2 Wisconsin Circle, Suite 900
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815